The NSW Government is providing financial support to ease the pressures on small business as a result of COVID-19.
If your small business or non-profit organisation has experienced a significant decline in revenue as a result of COVID-19, you may be eligible for a small business support grant of up to $10,000.
This grant supports the ongoing operations of small businesses highly impacted from the COVID-19 pandemic following the NSW Public Health Order of 31 March 2020. Funds may only be used for unavoidable business expenses that are not supported by other government funding. These expenses include, but are not limited to:
wages for an employee not eligible for JobKeeper payments
paying creditors, if your business is closing.
Note: Applications close 1 June 2020.
To be eligible for this grant, you must:
be registered with an ABN as at 1 March 2020
have an annual turnover of more than $75,000 (a Business Activity Statement must be provided as evidence)
Where a small business does not submit a BAS to the Australian Tax Office, and meets all other criteria, the small business should contact Service NSW to discuss further. In these cases, an income tax declaration may be accepted as evidence of an annual turnover of $75,000.
employ 1-19 full-time workers as at 1 March 2020
be able to report a payroll below the NSW 2019-2020 payroll tax threshold of $900,000
have been highly impacted by Public Health (COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement) Order 2020 effective on 31 March 2020
have experienced at least 75% decline in turnover compared to the same two-week period in 2019, as a result of COVID-19 (for businesses that have been in operation for less than 12 months, refer to the guidelines)
have unavoidable business costs not otherwise the subject of other NSW and Commonwealth Government financial assistance measures.
How to apply
- Gather all your documentation and evidence and have it ready for uploading. You cannot save and resume your application once you have started.
Note: You can only submit one application for a small business support grant of up to $10,000 for each business.
- Check the eligibility criteria.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Log in or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Select and verify your identity documents.
- When your identity is verified, select 'Continue with application'.
- Enter the required information and upload any supporting documents.
- Enter your insurance details (if applicable).
- Enter your bank details.
- Review your application.
- Check the Declaration boxes.
- You'll be sent a confirmation email.
- If additional information to support your claim is required, you'll be notified.
After your application is received it will be reviewed. If your application is approved, payment will be transferred within 3–5 business days from the date of approval.
If you're not able to apply online, please call 13 77 88.