Application close: 7 December 2020
Applications close at 3pm AEDT on the closing date.
Notification: you will be notified by 31 March 2021
Activities: commencing from 1 July 2021
Please note: To apply you must be registered in our Application Management System a minimum of two business days prior to the closing date.
About the Dreaming Award
The Dreaming Award was established in 2012 to support an inspirational young First Nations artist aged 18-30 years to create a major body of work through mentoring and partnerships. The mentor/partner will be another established professional artist or partner nominated by the artist who will guide and mentor the applicant to assist in the development of work. This award will be presented at the 2021 First Nations Arts Awards.
About the First Nations Arts Awards
The First Nations Arts Awards recognise and celebrate the outstanding work and achievements of First Nations artists. On the evening of the 27 May, the following awards will be presented:
- the prestigious Red Ochre Awards for outstanding lifetime achievement for a senior male and female artist
- the Dreaming Award for recognition of an emerging First Nations artist
- the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Arts Fellowship to support the creation of a major work by an artist
- acknowledge awards given to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Artists across Australia Council Programs including the First Nations Emerging Career Development Award.
- Open to First Nations Australian artists living here or overseas.
- Age open to 18-30.
- Disciplines include dance, literature, poetry, visual arts, theatre, community arts and music.
- You cannot apply for activities that have already commenced.
How to apply
To apply log in here to our Application Management System (AMS) if you have an account. You can create an account if you do not already have one.
- Select 'Apply for a Grant' from the left panel menu.
- From the list of opportunities select 'Apply for the Dreaming Award’.
- Complete the fields and select answers with dropdown menus.
- Upload any necessary support material.
- Select ‘Save’ once complete.
- If you are not ready to submit your application you can return to it through 'Your Draft Applications' in the left panel menu at a later date.
- Otherwise select ‘Submit’.
Download the accessible RTF version of these guidelines.
To discuss your application, please contact:
Joanne Brown - Manger First Nations Strategic Development Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Arts
Phone: 02 9215 9045 (toll-free on 1800 226 912)