Funding delivered through Made in WA is intended to:
- increase the number and quality of performance-based works created and produced in regional Western Australia
- ensure new work created in regional WA is relevant to regional audiences
- enable employment and professional skill development opportunities for regional artists and arts workers
- establish or further develop partnerships and collaborations between artists, producers, arts organisations and regional venues
- showcase the unique stories of Western Australia, engage new audiences and contribute to the liveability and vibrancy of regional communities
- support projects that increase access and participation or presentation opportunities by, with or for Aboriginal communities and/or young people.
Applications are open to artists, producers and arts organisations working in partnership with regional venues, or vice versa, provided they meet the following criteria:
- the artist, arts company, organisation or festival that will develop and/or produce the work is based in WA
- the venue or festival that will premiere the work is in regional WA and has the capacity to receive and/or produce touring performing arts productions.
Any of the above parties can be the primary applicant; however, it is recommended that the application is prepared and submitted by the party that will take the lead on coordinating the commission.
Please note that if successful, the primary applicant will also be the one who is issued with the contract and is responsible for receiving payment and acquitting the grant.