The Love My Place grants program seeks to co-create with the Port Phillip community to bring activations, events and unique or experiential ideas to our public spaces when it is safe to do so.
Love My Place grants provide support to our community with an opportunity to trial new ideas through experiential activities. As well as financial support of up to $10,000, City of Port Phillip (CoPP) can support successful applicants with marketing, road closures, parking controls, permit approvals,permission to use spaces and more.
This grants program aims to reactivate public space through unique events and projects ranging from events, music projects, art installations or activations, lighting, seating, amenity, indigenous trails, games and community social gatherings to enhance connections.
We take the health of our community, staff and visitors seriously. We are working to keep our community safe during the COVID-19 outbreak and are closely monitoring the situation. We are living in a time of rapid change and during this global health crisis, decisions are often made quickly. Changes to COVID-19 restrictions can impact the planning, preparation and running of events and other public space activations.
Love My Place grant applicants should be aware of the need for your project to be quickly and easily modified, or reversed if required, as well as the need to meet any government COVID-19 requirements at the time which may include people physical distancing 1.5 metres and that gatherings of people may not be possible.
In order to be eligible for a Love My Place grant you must:
- Be an individual or organisation that operates within the Port Phillip municipality or can demonstrate program benefits for residents or businesses within the municipality;
- Be an incorporated legal entity, an enterprise or auspiced by an incorporated entity;
- Able to undertake and complete the proposed work between mid-October 2020 and mid-June 2021;
- Have no outstanding grant acquittals or debts to the CoPP;
- Not be applying for any other CoPP grants for the same project; and
- Have not won a Love My Place Grant in 2019-20.
Love My Place grant applications will close on Sunday 27 September 2020 and must be entered through SmartyGrants
Alexander Albrecht on 0424 190 202 or Carine Bourcier on 0466 496 731