The EPP supports free and accessible events that create memorable, engaging and innovative experiences for locals and visitors in the City of Melbourne municipality.
The program is conducted on an annual basis, with one sponsorship round per year and is available to events or festivals that contribute to the city’s vibrancy.
The EPP is a partnership program and all events sponsored through the program are required to deliver partnership benefits to the City of Melbourne, equal to the value of the sponsorship investment.
The EPP offers cash and/or in-kind sponsorship to successful applicants. It is a competitive program and regularly receives more applications than it can support. All events are assessed against eligibility criteria and outcomes for applicants are determined by the strength of the application and its alignment to the program objectives.
Eligible applications must answer yes to all of the following questions:
- Does your event take place within the City of Melbourne municipality?
- Is your event free to attend or have significant free programming? Please contact the Event Partnership (EP) team before applying if your event includes ticketed elements.
- Does your event have widespread appeal and likely to attract a significant number of attendees?
- Does it take place between the advertised dates for the round currently open?
- Is the organisation that is applying for sponsorship a legal entity with an ABN?
How to Apply
Applications to the EPP are submitted on an annual basis online via Smartygrants. Please review the steps below prior to submitting an application:
Event Partnerships Team