Applications will open on Friday 10 July and close on Tuesday 1 September.
Our Arts Projects program funds a range of activities that deliver benefits to the arts sector and wider public, including national and international audiences. Organisations that undertake arts programs, projects or that provide services to artists are welcome to apply. Grants are available from $10,000 to $100,000. Supported activities must last no longer than 2 years from the proposed start date.
Please read through the following grant guidelines. If you need help with your application, contact a Grants Officer now.
Who can apply
Only organisations may apply to this category. Organisations that provide a service to the arts are welcome to apply. International organisations can apply for projects that benefit practicing Australian artists or their work.
Applications for funding to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander panel must come from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations.
Who can’t apply
You can’t apply for a grant if:
- you received a grant, or administered a grant, from the Australia Council in the past and that grant has not been satisfactorily acquitted
- you owe money to the Australia Council
- you have already made three applications to categories listed under Australia Council Grant Programs this calendar year (funding proposals submitted to categories under Other Grants and Opportunities are not counted as one of your three applications)
- you are a Major Performing Arts organisation
Four Year Funding for Organisations applicants and recipients
- If you are an organisation applying for Four Year Funding in 2019, please be aware that this application will count as one of your applications to the Australia Council grants program for the 2019 calendar year.
- If you are an organisation currently receiving Four Year Funding, please be aware that you can make only one application to the Australia Council grants program per calendar year.
We fund a range of activities, for example:
- the creation of new work
- arts practice based research
- creative development
- professional skills development
- services to develop the arts sector
- promotion and marketing
- market development activity.
As part of the application process, you will be able to choose which peer panel you want to assess your application. The peer panels available are:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Arts
- Community Arts and Cultural Development
- Emerging and Experimental Arts
- Multi-art form
- Visual Arts
If you are unsure which peer panel to choose to assess your application, please contact a Grants Officer now.
Apply for Arts Projects for Organisations online here.
The types of questions we ask in the application form include:
- a title for your project
- a summary of your project
- a brief description of the organisation applying
- an outline of your project and what you want to do
- a timetable or itinerary for your project
- a description of the outcome your project delivers
- a projected budget which details the expenses, income and in-kind support of the project
- supporting material as relevant to your project, including an artistic example, bios of additional artists, and letters of support from participants or communities.
If you need help with your application, contact a Grants Officer now.