The 2019/20 Quick Response Program will be open between October 2019 and June 2020.
Council makes a significant investment in the community through the Darebin Community Grants Program. The Program aims to support community projects and activities that address local priorities, strengthen community relationships of mutual respect, build social inclusion and environmental sustainability and enhance the well-being of City of Darebin residents.
These aims are achieved through provision of cash grants to local not-for-profit groups and organisations. In keeping with the above aims, the Program will support projects and activities that fit with the 2017 – 2021 Council Plan’s following three priorities:
- Create a sustainable city through local innovation projects that address climate change.
- Improve the wellbeing of people in our community by providing opportunities for them to live their lives well.
- Lead on equity and recognise our diverse community as our greatest asset for solving future challenges.
The 2019/2020 Quick Response Program will be open in October and December 2019 until they are exhausted. The program is made up of two streams:
- Opening 14 October 2019 - Cash Grants: Applications for cash grants up to $1000 can be submitted for not-for-profit groups/organisations that missed out applying to the 2019/2020 main funding round. Groups who applied for the 2019/2020 Cash Grants which closed in April 2019 are not eligible.
- Opening 4 December 2019 - Venue Hire Support: Applications for venue hire support up to $1000 can be submitted for not-for-profit groups/organisations that missed out applying to the 2019/2020 main funding round. Details of venues available are listed below. Groups who applied for the 2019/2020 Venue Hire Support Grants which closed in April 2019 are not eligible.
If you intend to apply for the Quick Response Cash Grants and Venue Hire Support Program, please call the Community Grants Officer on 8470 8504. If you are eligible to apply, a private link will be sent to you to access the online application form.