The information on this page is the full guidelines and will not be made available as a download. We recommend reading the full guidelines on this page before completing your application.
To apply for funding you will need to complete and submit the relevant application form through our secure online grants system, SmartyGrants.
Small Project Grants support the creation, development and presentation of new work and professional development or promotion for NSW-based professional artists and arts and cultural workers.
You can apply for between $500 and $5000 towards your project.
Important Notice: Changes to the Small Project Grants Program and COVID-19. Last updated 23 March 2020 at 4pm AEDT.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications no later than 3 weeks after you submit your application.
Until June 2020, or as relevant updates are provided by the NSW Government – Coronavirus (COVID-19), Create NSW’s Small Project Grants have been redefined to address the current situation of social distancing and the cancellation of non-essential travel. They will:
- enable professional artists and arts and cultural workers to attend or participate in outstanding time-sensitive opportunities in local, online and other means than in-person contact
- build the capacity and skills of professional artists and arts and cultural workers, through solo, local and online mentoring, development and residency opportunities
- support professional artists and arts and cultural workers to develop work in local contexts, and explore the possibilities of presenting work online, through broadcast or through other means than in-person contact
- respond to the impacts of the 2019 bushfire season and Covid-19 crises, for their local communities, in supportive and creative ways.
- strengthen the capacity of NSW-based professional artists and arts and cultural workers to become arts and cultural leaders
In addition, organisations and clients currently in receipt of Create NSW funding but experiencing hardship in delivery, can now apply for a small grant to support individual artists involved in their program.
When can I apply for funding?
Small Project Grants opened on Monday 11 November 2019 and close at 5pm on Tuesday 30 June 2020 (or before this date if funds are expended). Applications may be submitted at any time during this period.
Your project must start at least three weeks after the date you submit your application.
Small Project Grants will remain open during the *holiday shutdown, however outcomes for applications submitted during this period will not be advised until the week of 20 January 2020.
If your project has a start date prior to the 20 January 2020, please note that you may not know the outcome of your application prior to the beginning of your activity. If your project dates are flexible, it is recommended that you reapply to the 2019/20 Small Projects Grants funding program with new project dates. Please contact Create NSW’s Arts Investment & Development Team on (02) 8289 6520 or firstname.lastname@example.org for advice regarding this.