Restart Investment to Sustain and Expand (RISE) Fund
The RISE Fund will provide targeted funding assistance for sector organisations seeking to restart, re-imagine or create new activities. The program is intended to assist by providing funding for the presentation of new or re-shaped cultural and creative activities and events including festivals, concerts and tours.
The objectives of the program are to:
• assist companies in the arts and entertainment sector to present new or re-imagined activities which have been disrupted by the COVID-19 restrictions
• deliver new activities, opportunities and structural adjustments that have been developed in response to the COVID-19 restrictions, including innovative ways to deliver content and productions
• provide increased employment opportunities in the arts and entertainment sector and allied industries
• generate increased economic activity in the arts and entertainment sector and allied industries
• help build the longer-term financial sustainability of cultural and creative companies, including increased revenue?earning capacity
• provide creative and cultural experiences to audiences across Australia
The grant opportunity commences 31 August 2020 and will close to applications on 31 May 2021, subject to allocation of funds. Applications will be accepted at any time between the opening and closing dates for the program. Financial commitments cannot be made until execution of the grant agreement, approximately 10 weeks after application submission.
To be eligible, organisations must have as their primary purpose, the arts and entertainment and must:
• have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
• be registered for the purposes of GST (if applicable)
• have an account with an Australian financial institution
• comply with all regulatory, industry and legal requirements in relation to copyright, licensing and employment
• be located in any part of Australia
• provide a co-contribution to the activity
and be one of the following entity types:
• incorporated organisations
• a local government owned entity
• a partnership
• a not-for-profit organisation
• an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006
• a Sole Trader with employees
The maximum grant period for the activity is two years, from the date of execution of the funding agreement. Funding is available in the 2020-21 financial year only.
For further information on how to apply please go to https://arts.smartygrants.com.au/RISEProgram.