Contemporary Touring Initiative
This initiative provides up to $200,000 for the development and/or national touring of significant contemporary visual arts and craft exhibitions.
About the program
The Contemporary Touring Initiative (CTI), as part of the Visual Arts and Craft Strategy, supports significant exhibitions of work by living contemporary visual artists and craft practitioners that reach and engage national audiences, and extend into regional communities.
Funding of up to $200,000 is available to ambitious organisations with demonstrated contemporary visual arts exhibition development and touring expertise to develop and/or tour an exhibition between calendar years 2023-2026.
Please note: this is the last time the CTI will be offered.
The initiative will support projects that best demonstrate:
- cutting-edge practice and innovation in how contemporary visual arts and craft is exhibited and toured, including new ways to reach and engage audiences
- exhibitions that include the work of First Nations artists
- strong partnerships, reach and impact in regional communities.
A national tour is defined as one that includes three or more states and territories outside of the applicant’s home state or territory.
Applicants awarded CTI funding will be required to submit a progress report at the end of Year 1 of their grant in order to be paid in advance for subsequent touring years. The progress report must include:
- itinerary and revised touring budget
- presenter / venue confirmation forms for the tour. At least 40% of touring venues must be in regional areas.
For more information, visit Creative Australia