Shorts is a masculine, Australian exploration of some of the darkest aspects of the human psyche.
Image from Zak Hilditch's Transmission (2011)
On Queensland’s Sunshine Coast, there is something called The Heart of Gold Short Film Festival. It recognises that short films have an odd tendency to often explore fairly dark themes. Heart of Gold has responded to this tendency by presenting ‘international short films that are entertaining, thought-provoking, hilarious and express a positive view of the world and humanity.’
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today