What sets winning inspirational books apart? What key skills help get you over the line when writing a motivational book? What are mind, body, spirit readers looking for right now?
Join author Maggie Hamilton to deep dive into the mind, body, spirit genre. A former Allen & Unwin publisher, Maggie created and ran the Inspired Living imprint, producing over 75 mind, body, spirit books.
In this lively hands-on workshop for unpublished and published writers, discover how best to describe inspirational experiences and approaches, and how to build on these insights to keep busy readers with you. Learn what to leave in, and what to edit out. Find out how best to arrive at your own voice, and to weave in the voices of others.
- Current mind, body, spirit trends
- Understanding your audience
- Common mistakes mind, body, spirit writers make
- How to draw up a solid chapter outline
- The secrets of an impactful opening
- What to do when a chapter or section feels thin
- When to consider using case studies
- The rules around interviewing
- Why layering matters
- Essential editing tips
- How to keep your readers with you to the last page
- What to look for when soliciting feedback
- Preparing your submission to publishers.
For more information click here