Unleash your smartphone camera’s full potential and develop your photography skills in a fun and practical, hands-on class.
Enjoy a walking tour and hands-on learning experience in the photogenic area of The Rocks and its surroundings. You’ll cover iconic Sydney landmarks like the Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
You’ll be coached to discover and develop your personal creative and artistic style, drawing from your personal background and personality. Additionally, you’ll learn about the technical aspects of photography:
- Learn about composition
- Hands-on challenges to put theory into practice.
- Control your shutter speed and ISO
- Get constructive one-on-one feedback on your photos, so you keep getting better
- Learn about and practice travel photography (street portraits, architecture, still life, abstract, landscapes, nature)
- Learn to edit easily with your phone, and achieve amazing images
This class is approximately split into 60% learning about shooting, and 40% learning about editing.
For locals, see your city through a new artistic lens. For visitors and tourists, discover some of Sydney’s most iconic spots for architecture and scenery.
This class will proceed regardless of the weather as there are indoor areas to use. Suitable for all smartphones (Apple, Samsung and others).
Your Sydney teacher will be either:
- Chris L Jones – an advertising, editorial and commercial photographer based in Sydney, Australia. He has worked with a wide range of clients and would describe himself as a lifestyle, people, food, travel and occasional art photographer.
- Or Alfonso Calero – Alfonso graduated from the Sydney Institute of Technology with an Associate Diploma in Photography in 2001 and has been professionally photographing food, portraits, landscapes and travel subjects ever since. He has won numerous photography awards, and speaks English, Japanese, Spanish and Tagalog.
If you are booking for a minor (under 16 years of age) to attend, they must be accompanied by a paying adult
Please note: Public dates for this class require at least 2 guests to run. In the unlikely event that we don’t reach this number, we’ll cancel the class; in this case we’ll inform you and allow you to get a refund or reschedule, so please watch your email/SMS one day prior to the class.