Saturday 30 July 2022, 10am-4pm
Full Price: $210
Conc Member: $135
Participants in face to face courses must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and must comply with any other precautionary measures Writing NSW puts in place.
Podcasting is a relatively new and dynamic medium that has energised audio production in Australia and internationally. It combines the strengths of traditional media with democratic forms of distribution, which means, in the words of Deborah Frances-White, host of the wildly successful Guilty Feminist podcast, “It’s radio no one stops you making.”
Learn how to make your podcast idea into a reality with Lea Redfern, an award-winning and internationally broadcast audio producer. Lea learned her craft over years as a features producer with the ABC’s Radio National. More recently, she has honed her teaching skills at the University of Sydney. Her courses are accessible, practical and rigorous.
This course will teach you how to artfully and ethically craft a story, and is suitable for anyone interested in podcasts, journalism or storytelling.
In this course you will learn about:
- The podcasting landscape in Australia and beyond
- Common ‘traps for young players’ and how to avoid them
- How the skills you already have relate to podcasting
- How to focus your ideas for podcasting
- Tools of the trade: recorders, microphones and editing software
- Narrative design: lessons in writing for audio, tips for interviewing and story design
- Distribution and promotion: practical advice on distribution and promotion channels
For more information visit https://writingnsw.org.au/whats-on/courses/podcasting-101/