Create contemporary cyanotype prints with artist Marina Mavritsky.
Be inspired by the Georges River Art Prize and learn the traditional technique of cyanotype printing on fabric to create your own unique artwork.
The afternoon will start with artist Marina Mavritsky explaining her artmaking process. Then, using the exhibition and surrounds as inspiration, participants will learn the art of traditional cyanotype printing using hand drawn negatives and found objects.
These blue prints will be embellished with embroidery and fabric paints to add further dimensions to the cyanotypes.
Participants are encouraged to bring in objects and images which can be used as further inspiration for this unique artmaking process.
This program is part of the Georges River Art Prize exhibition which will run until Thursday 18 January 2024.
Saturday 13 January 2023
Hurstville Museum & Gallery.
14 MacMahon Street, Hurstville.
2.00pm – 4.30pm.
$25.00 per person. Limited spaces available. Book now.
16 years and over.
For more information
- Programs are fully supervised by qualified staff
- Bookings are essential for all activities
- No session swapping is permitted
- Due to class size restrictions, younger siblings are not permitted in the activity
- No refunds for cancellations or missed bookings
- Program swapping is not permitted
- Online bookings incur booking fees and surcharges
- Sign in and out upon arrival and at the end of program is required for children’s programs.
Hurstville Museum & Gallery is committed to providing inclusive services and program. If you require additional assistance please contact us via phone (0293306240) and email@example.com
Please note: Attendance at our events may be digitally recorded through photographs and/or videos. These images may be used by Georges River Council and Hurstville Museum & Gallery in their publications, social media, council’s website or newspaper. Please notify staff if you do not wish to be filmed.
Contact Hurstville Museum & Gallery on (02) 9330 6444 or firstname.lastname@example.org