Previous NGV Curator and current Director at the Art Gallery of Ballarat, Gordon Morrison, speaks about his career within the gallery scene.
Director of the Art Gallery of Ballarat since 2004, Gordon Morrison, possesses a rich professional history in contributing to key arts institutions across Victoria. He began his career as a fresh-faced post-boy at the National Gallery of Victoria after achieving a Bachelor of Arts Honours at the University of Melbourne in 1979. He later went on to hold a prominent position within the NGV as Divisional Head of Exhibitions and Collection Management. Dispelling myths of what is involved in being a successful gallery manager and curator, Morrison, highlights the necessity for a well-rounded personality to inspire and lead a team in the arts space.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today