'The ability to focus, without interruption and just inhabit a beautiful space where you're working extremely fast with clarity.' Nerida Tyson-Chew reflects on life as a screen composer.
Australian screen composers are one of the craft jewels in the sector. To receive the APRA-AMCOS Distinguished Services Award is a substantial achievement. In 2020, that touch of magic landed on Nerida Tyson-Chew, a composer, orchestrator and conductor who is known most recently for H is for Happiness. She has built an international career while she insists on staying home in Sydney. Family life, community and cultural origins are important to her.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today