Sheer scale, age and traditional technique beat verve, cunning and fencing wire in a night which was strong on logic but short on fairytales.
Image: It's been a long journey for Mel Gibson. How many faces did he spot in the AACTA crowd, how many times did he give silent thanks for their work in setting him loose on the world?
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today