Working on the festival circuit is like a fairground ride: fast paced and exhilarating, but also exhausting and hard to jump off.
Arts festivals around Australia and the world are often dependent on large numbers of contract workers. From ticketing and front of house to bar staff and office admin, through to technical and venue support, such roles are often filled by staff on short-term contracts. Many of these workers line up multiple festival contracts in a row, often resulting in exhaustion and stress – otherwise known as festival fatigue.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today