Do you enjoy dancing, music, or creative arts?
Do you have 1-3hrs per week to invest in making a difference?
Would you like to be involved in a vibrant community that empowers people living with a disability?
Switch Dance Community is a dance school with a difference. We offer high quality classes for people aged 5-55yrs with a range of abilities. Our students are passionate, curious, opinionated, and everything in between! We work on movement skills, express ourselves with creative activities, and learn fun dance routines to perform in the community.
What you DON’T need:
- Any specific dance experience
- Any specific experience working with people with intellectual disabilities (we’re sure you’ll love it!)
What you DO need:
- 1-3hrs available on a Wednesday between 4pm – 7pm during NSW school terms
- A willingness to support our students by getting involved in a range of movement activities
- A positive attitude and readiness to go with the flow
We start in February, break for school holidays, and finish after our concert in November. Ideally our volunteers commit to the full year, but please contact us even if you have limited availability.
If you have any questions at all about our classes, or what volunteering could look like, please get in touch. We'd love to hear from you!