About the Course
BECOME A TV SHOOTER PRODUCER
In this Industry Certificate, you’ll develop the technical camera knowledge, confidence and practical skills that are essential to operate as a successful TV Shooter/Producer.
Delivered by a highly experienced industry practitioner, this course will include extensive hands-on experience with a range of different equipment, television production theory, practical excursions, and presentations from industry guests. The course will primarily utilise Sony FS7 cameras.
This course has been designed to give students the knowledge, confidence and solid foundation skills in what is an increasingly valued and sought-after role.
It is delivered on weekends on campus at AFTRS, and via weekly evening online classes via Zoom.
Develop camera and audio skills
Develop and practice the essential camera and audio skills a Shooter/Producer needs in order to deliver useable, professional standard, broadcast quality footage.
- Learn production knowledge
- Learn the fundamental production knowledge required to be an effective Shooter Producer including how to balance and manage the broad technical, organisational and creative requirements.
- Learn data wrangling skills
- Learn the fundamentals of data wrangling and rushes labelling in the field, and understanding what the post-production dept needs.
IS THE INDUSTRY CERTIFICATE: TV SHOOTER PRODUCER RIGHT FOR YOU?
The TV Shooter Producer Industry Certificate is ideal for production staff who want to upskill to become competent at recording quality video and sound on set and location.
It has a technical (rather than editorial) focus and includes a range of practical exercises so students can consolidate their skills shooting in uncontrolled/unscripted situations.
The course covers:
- how to efficiently and correctly build and set up the camera, audio and tripod systems from a deconstructed kit, correctly link cameras and audio equipment (with a focus on proper placement and use of radio mics on the subject) in an unscripted/documentary/reality environment.
- controlling and adjusting the camera and audio settings to correct parameters under a range of shooting conditions.
- rushes labelling and protocols and basic data wrangling skills.
- basic lighting skills
- visual storytelling skills and how to ensure sufficient coverage in an unscripted environment
This is not an advanced Cinematography course and does not cover drama camera crew skills.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
No previous experience with a camera is necessary for this course, but some knowledge and experience of TV production will be an advantage as there will be some assumed knowledge.
This course is delivered on campus at AFTRS over six weekends and seven Tuesday evenings. There is a break in the middle of the course between 23 December to 4 January where there are no classes. There will be assessment work required outside of class time, including shooting assessment work.
You will need access to a desktop or laptop computer with a camera, sound and good internet connection for the Zoom Video sessions.
Six Weekends: 9 am – 5 pm:
Sat-Sun 28 – 29 Nov
Sat-Sun 5 – 6 Dec
Sat-Sun 12 – 12 Dec
Sat-Sun 19 – 20 Dec
Sat-Sun 9 – 10 Jan
Sat-Sun 16 – 17 Jan
7 Tuesday evenings 6:30 pm-8:30 pm via Zoom video: Tues 24 Nov, 1 Dec, 8 Dec, 15 Dec, 22 Dec, 5 Jan, 12 Jan
Payment Plan: This course is eligible for a payment plan.
25% to confirm enrolment in the course
25% due 14 days from the beginning of course
25% due by the end of week 3 of the course
25% due by the end of week 6 of the course
NOTE: If you enrol 14 – 1 day before course commencement, 50% payment will be required to confirm enrolment.
For more information and to get a full course outline contact firstname.lastname@example.org.