The University of Adelaide
Master of Music (Performance Studies)
Our Master of Music (Performance Studies) challenges you to reach the highest standards of professional performance. It’s an intensive, skill-based degree focusing on traditional approaches to classical or jazz performance.
What will you do?
- Advance technical mastery within your specialisation.
- Benefit from weekly one-to-one lessons with performance staff.
- Prepare and present programs of major repertoire.
- Study leading twentieth century and contemporary composers.
- Negotiate your own learning outcomes and modes of assessment for creative projects.
- Develop advanced solo and ensemble performance skills.
Where could it take you?
You might travel the globe as an orchestral musician. You could grace the stage of every jazz venue in New Orleans and New York. Perhaps you’ll curate concerts, teach in private studios or find international stardom as a soloist.