Master of Advertising
Your opportunity to be a global advertising business leader.
This innovative degree provides you with an industry-focused analysis of advertising and marketing communication by engaging with academic and professional sources from around the world.
You will explore a range of evolutionary communication processes to build professional knowledge and skills for today’s competitive global environments related to advertising and promotional activities.
Enrolling in this degree will offer you the opportunity to develop advanced knowledge and transferable skills in advertising. You will be encouraged to build a global and local outlook on marketing and communication practices, including a creative approach to leadership, strategy planning and campaign development in the constantly evolving advertising and broader communication industries.
On completion of the degree, graduates will be responsive professional leaders with specialised knowledge of the global advertising industry. You will be able to work collaboratively in international and interdisciplinary teams and will be prepared for professional roles in advertising and promotional agencies, or consultancies and other organisations (business, government and non-profit) which use advertising to achieve their goals. You will be able to lead and manage high-quality outcomes in delivering international, integrated advertising campaigns.
As a graduate you will be able to:
- determine and apply the specialist knowledge and technical skills required to creatively solve problems, demonstrating expert judgement and ethical responsibility relating to your professional practice and discipline
- critically analyse, synthesise and reflect on complex theories and recent developments, both local and international, to extend and challenge knowledge and practice in advertising and communication
- professionally communicate propositions, processes and outcomes to address specialist and non-specialist audiences
- provide leadership within your discipline, as well as collaborate with others
- use appropriate research methods to design and execute substantial projects, evaluate the outcomes and theorise about the contribution of your learning to the profession and knowledge area
- master a body of knowledge and specific technical skills to progress your professional career within the contemporary media and communication environment.
- You will be able to conduct research, develop theories, implement organisational behaviours, create effective structures within the advertising industry and respond effectively to changing societal demands on advertising practice.
For more details, please refer to the RMIT website.
Jan 1, 2022
AU$27,840 (2022 annual)