ALTERNATIVE LIFESTYLE SEXUALITY GROUPS UNITE AT UPCOMING OZ KINK FEST® AND FETISH EXPO 2018 IN MELBOURNE, SEPTEMBER 14 – 24.
Since its inception in 2008, Oz Kink Fest (OKF) has been a major success, and is now Australia’s ultimate GLBTIQ and Alternative Lifestyle event. We’re proud to announce it’s back for 2018. With Spring at its peak, the great city of Melbourne once again plays host to ten days of celebration and education focused on the kink and fetish communities, with fresh and exciting events, and an array of opportunities for personal and professional growth.
This year Oz Kink Fest runs from September 14 - 24, and once again, our fine city of Melbourne (or ‘Hellbourne’ as we like to call it) will see ten days of events offering a variety of opportunities for likeminded people to connect. There is something for everyone! The festival aims to support our shared community via events that raise a sense of community spirit, and help support the many businesses and community organisations we have.
OKF is host to a large Fetish Expo featuring over 60 business vendors, joining us both locally and from interstate. The Expo is a unique trade and social environment for the Australian alternative lifestyle and fetish communities. We produce an event that people love attending, while our prices offer great value for money. In doing so we have created a safe, welcoming, and accessible environment for both guests and stallholders alike. Fetish Expo also features premium entertainment, educational and community connection opportunities, and finishes up with one of the hottest parties in town.
The fetish/leather/kink/alternative lifestyle in Melbourne is large and always growing. OKF Producer, Mz Mallice, says she expects attendance to swell to capacity during the festival’s many events around the city. Mallice also states:
‘This is the best opportunity for those interested in incorporating BDSM or other kink elements into their lives to learn firsthand from professionals and experts, rather than going it on their own. All are welcome to explore their hidden desires and utmost fantasies in a safe, informative, and social environment.’
This years festival highlights include:
- Ten of Australia’s brightest lights in kink and alternative fashion design have their creations paraded at the show-stopping Grand Fetish Fashion Show at Fetish Expo.
- Competitions for best female/male/trans outfits with cash prizes from festival sponsor Adult Match Maker.
- Performances by some of Australia’s biggest kink names, and some international guests, including “Polyfilla”, Mistress Tokyo, Electra Amore, and more TBA.
- Hard-core dungeon play spaces.
- Shopping discounts from 60+ fetish vendors.
- Skill shares and workshops presented by local and international presenters, with topics including bondage, medical play, fire flogging, and heaps more!
Tickets can be purchased individually or via festival pass and are on sale now, either online or at the following retailers: Eagle Leather, Lucrezia DeSade, Hares & Hyenas, Piercing HQ or online via Eventbrite