Immerse yourself in the creative environment of the Southern Highlands, New South Wales, and join us for the annual Arts Festival (SHAF) this November! The Highlands is renowned for its strong community of artists, drawn to the area for the fresh air, natural beauty and lifestyle which provide the perfect environment to inspire creativity.
Once again SHAF’s feature event is the annual Southern Highlands Art Studio Trail, when artists open their studio doors and allow visitors inside to explore their creative habitats across the first two weekends of November - 4/5 and 11/12 November 10 am - 5pm. This year 44 studio doors are opening for the Art Studio Trail, so visitors will be able to meet the artists, see their work in the place it was created and purchase directly from the studio door. With many studios also featuring works of other local artists, there promises to be something for everyone.
Explore and enjoy the beauty of the Highlands and be prepared for an adventure as you travel on the back roads of the Shire from one Open Studio to another!
DOWNLOAD AN ART TRAIL MAP from the Festival website www.shaf.com.au
And the Festival continues….Try something different at other Festival Events through the whole month of November…
- See how textile artists are pushing the boundaries of what can be done with thread
- Try out a different type of music – chamber music, early music or a concert band
- Experience the fine work of a master of ceramics or wood graduating students
- Have some art with your coffee at a café based exhibition
- Buy yourself, or a loved one, a memorable gift of art
- Spend some time to yourself browsing through a vintage market or fair
- Explore the art collection of a national trust property
- Beat the blues by kicking up your heels at a blues concert
- Find out what happens at a collaborative art event
Surround yourself with beauty and inspiration…