Click on any image to view slide show
ART ON THE MOVE is Western Australia’s peak visual art touring exhibition organisation, providing touring support and delivering the best contemporary art to the regions and across Australia. Working with curators, exhibition venues and artists, we develop and tour stimulating art exhibitions that encourage people to get involved with contemporary art wherever they are.
Our Professional Development Skills Program responds to the diverse needs of the arts sector as well as providing advice and assistance on infrastructure, capacity building and advocacy activities. ART ON THE MOVE’s Education Program provides comprehensive and engaging education packages with our touring exhibitions. This supports the Arts Education sector by offering invaluable learning opportunities to schools and students. We also tailor professional learning programs to assist teachers and educators to maintain their awareness and knowledge of contemporary arts practice.
Established as NETS (WA) in 1986, ART ON THE MOVE was the first state government funded touring visual arts organisation in Australia. We have a 30 year track record of providing exceptional visual art exhibitions, professional skills training and specialised art services, particularly in remote and regional Australia. Our reputation rests on our passion, professionalism, creativity and dedication to the delivery of great contemporary art experiences.
ART ON THE MOVE is a leading not-for-profit organisation that is supported by the State Government through Department of Culture and the Arts and assisted by the Australian Government through the Australia Council, its arts funding and advisory body.
ART ON THE MOVE exists to foster, tour and present contemporary visual arts exhibitions across Western Australia. We are dedicated to touring engaging contemporary art exhibitions to audiences across Australia, particularly in remote and regional areas.
- To lead by example to deliver a vibrant and flexible Exhibition Touring Program, strengthened by the integrity of our support services and office culture.
- To play a strong leadership role for our sector, identifying opportunities before us as an organisation so as to advance the arts and culture landscape as a whole.
- ART ON THE MOVE and NETS Australia share an ambition to ensure that regional and remote audiences have access to the best available contemporary art exhibitions and audience engagement opportunities.
Image acknowledgements (clockwise from top left):
1. ART ON THE MOVE Touring Exhibition Botanica at Carnarvon Library and Gallery. Image courtesy Carnarvon Library and Gallery.
2. ART ON THE MOVE Touring Exhibition An Internal Difficulty Australian Artists at the Freud Museum London at Perth Institute of Contemporary Art. Image courtesy PICA.
3. Intimacies touring exhibition artist Christine Tomás delivering a Smarter than Smoking Education Talk to a home-school class at the Vancouver Arts Centre, Albany WA. Image courtesy Vancouver Arts Centre.
4. Professional Development Workshop with Training Officer Fiona Gavino at ART ON THE MOVE, Malaga WA. Image courtesy ART ON THE MOVE.
Like us on Facebook