is the State Government body which advises on, and implements arts policy. We are charged with making the arts available and accessible to all Victorians and with supporting and developing Victoria's artists and creative industries.
We encourage innovation and diversity and value indigenous culture, and believe the arts play a vital role in strengthening communities.
Arts Victoria's role in Government
Arts Victoria is a part of Victoria's Department of Premier and Cabinet and reports to the Minister for the Arts.
Arts Victoria was established in 1972 by the Arts Victoria Act 1972. Under the Act, our roles and responsibilities are to:
- Develop and improve the knowledge, understanding, appreciation and practice of the arts
- Increase the availability and accessibility of the arts to the public
- Encourage and assist in the provision of facilities to enable the arts to be performed or displayed
- Continually survey and assess the arts and report to Parliament on potential improvements
- Administer the Act and cooperate with other parts of Government and the arts industry
Arts in Victoria
Reaearch and Resources
Join Us On Facebook