T I TLE Web and Social Media Content Developer
POSITION TYPE Voluntary, 1-2 days per week
APPLICATIONS CLOSE Monday 26th January 2017 COB
The Human Rights Arts & Film Festival (HRAFF) is looking for an experienced, passionate, hard-working and friendly individual to join HRAFF as Web and Social Media Content Developer in the lead up to the 2018 festival. This position plays a vital role in the delivery of the 2018 Festival online marketing and content development, and digital voice.
HRAFF is a not-for-profit incorporated association committed to making human rights accessible, relevant and significant to all Australians. The Festival aims to advance and encourage discussion and debate among the broader community, to showcase and support Australian and international artists, to promote works that are important and relevant to our community and bring audiences closer to relevant organizations operating in the human rights space.
HRAFF presents a vibrant, multifaceted festival, including film, visual art, music and forums that combine a diverse array of creative responses to contemporary human rights issues. HRAFF will be held 3 - 17 May 2018 in Melbourne and tour nationally in the subsequent weeks, more information can be found here: http://hraff.org.au/
The expected time commitment for the role is one to two days (16 hours) per week from January to early June. January is a slightly quieter time with tasks picking up in the lead up to the Festival. There is also a requirement that you maintain timely social media correspondence as it occurs outside of the specified working days as well. Hours and arrangements are flexible.
- In consultation with the Marketing & Development Manager, produce social media content for HRAFF.
- Develop and design memes.
- Develop and implement editorial calendar.
- Executing the upload of festival program content on all social media accounts in the lead up to the festival in May.
- Aiding in the development of our social media strategy, managing timelines and producing content for social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, Linkedin and Google +.
- Any other duties asrequired.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in online marketing and social media strategy and delivery.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience using content management systems such as WordPress, Hootsuite, Tweet Deck and Mailchimp
- Demonstrated capacity to be highly organized, work independently and under pressure in a multi-task environment.
- Self-motivation and ability to take responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and use initiative.
- Excellent team work skills.
- An interest in human rights, arts and global issues.
This is a volunteer role, however a highly rewarding one, with real responsibilities. The successful applicant will gain invaluable practical experience and establish industry connections.
To apply, please submit your CV and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience. Please submit your application by Monday 26 January 2018 marked Web and Social Media Content Developer in the subject line to email@example.com.
Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed in Melbourne. Applicants must be based in Melbourne and expected to commence the role immediately. If you have any initial queries about the position or the Festival, please contact Aleta Moriarty (HRAFF CEO) on 03 9629 9944.
HRAFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin or disability. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. This document is available in other formats upon request to the email above.