Sales and Marketing Manager - AMEB Ltd
- We are Australia’s leading music examination provider and the country’s largest publisher of print music. We also operate Australia’s third largest wholesale distributor of print music and operate several online retail stores.
- If you have experience managing sales and marketing within a similar organisation and enjoy being challenged, please apply.
- Full-time position in vibrant new Melbourne office
About the role:
AMEB is seeking an energetic and outgoing team player capable of leading and innovating AMEB’s approach to sales and marketing. This new role combines the sales and marketing responsibilities for publishing, wholesale and retail operations into one dynamic and challenging role, responsible for creating new business opportunities and driving long-term success. The successful applicant will be a highly motivated team player, with strong business acumen and capable of developing and implementing contemporary sales and marketing strategies focused on achieving business objectives. Experience within the music or publishing industry is highly desirable.
You will be responsible for:
- Integrating sales and marketing functions across three businesses into one dynamic and high-performing senior role
- Managing the development and implementation of sales and marketing strategies that drive business success
- Developing relationships with existing business partners and cultivating new business opportunities
- Overseeing the creation of all marketing and sales publications, catalogues and newsletters
- Managing AMEB’s social media output and ensuring relevant policies and procedures are developed and maintained
- Maintaining websites and innovating the way by which AMEB communicates with teachers, students, clients and stakeholders
- Managing the expansion and ensuring the success of online sales channels and updating product information
- Developing action plans, establishing sales targets, measuring success and reporting progress and outcomes
- Managing special projects as required, leading team workshops and implementing change
- Assisting with physical picking/packing operations, re-shelving stock and maintaining inventory as required
You will have:
- Experience managing sales and marketing functions within a similar business environment
- Experience developing and implementing sales and marketing strategies with proven results
- A positive and highly-motivated approach to your work with an exceptional work ethic
- Knowledge of sheet music, scores, instrumentation and music theory
- A high degree of social media knowledge across all platforms and channels
- Exceptional IT skills including proficiency with MS Office and ability to use web-based software and data management systems
- Experience in online sales is desirable, including maintaining websites and product data
- Willingness to go above and beyond where required
- Attention to detail, a dedication to achieving best-practice and a willingness to work autonomously within a constantly-changing environment
Some out of hours and weekend work is occasionally required and all necessary training will be provided upon commencement. High-energy candidates with a genuine passion for music, sales and marketing should apply now!
- Applicants should provide a covering letter outlining their suitability for the role as well as an up-to-date CV containing relevant skills and experience.
- Contact details for three referees should also be provided
Please visit our website for the full Sales and Marketing Manager Position Description.
Applications close: Midnight on 23 November 2017.