TITLE Marketing & Development Coordinator
POSITION TYPE Voluntary, 2 days/16 hours per week
APPLICATIONS CLOSE Friday 26 January 2018 COB
The Human Rights Arts & Film Festival (HRAFF) is looking for a passionate, creative, hard-working and committed individual to join HRAFF as a Marketing & Development Coordinator in the lead up to the 2017 Festival.
HRAFF is a not-for-profit incorporated association committed to making human rights accessible, relevant and significant to all Australians. The Festival aims to advance and encourage discussion and debate among the broader community, to showcase and support Australian and international artists, to promote works that are important and relevant to our community and bring audiences closer to relevant organisations operating in the human rights space.
HRAFF presents a vibrant, multifaceted festival, including film, visual art, music and forums that combine a diverse array of creative responses to contemporary human rights issues. HRAFF will be held 3 - 17 May 2018 in Melbourne and will tour nationally in the subsequent weeks, more information can be found here: http://hraff.org.au/
The expected time commitment for the role is two days (16 hours) per week from January to early June. January is a slightly quieter time with tasks picking up in the lead up to the Festival. There is also a requirement that you maintain timely social media correspondence as it occurs outside of the specified working days as well. Hours and arrangements are flexible.
The Marketing & Development Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Coordination of targeted marketing activities and collateral
- Assistance with putting together sponsorship proposals and grant applications
- Implementation and distribution of key collateral across online and physical platforms
- Assistance with community marketing and complimentary tickets
- Venue liaison for signage and branding purposes
- Market research planning and execution during the festival
- Coordination of marketing, publicity and collateral for the HRAFF 2017 CineSeeds program (youth screening program)
- Any other duties as required
- Demonstrated experience in marketing or communications
- Demonstrated experience in PR campaigns and social media.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail
- Deadline driven
- Demonstrated capacity to be highly organised, work independently and under pressure in a multi – task environment.
- Self - motivation and ability to take responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and use initiative.
- Excellent team work skills.
- Previous experience working for a festival, arts organisation or not-for-profit organisation
- Previous experience with grant applications or sponsorship proposals
To apply, please submit a cover letter outlining your skills and experience along with your CV by COB Friday 26th January 2018 marked Marketing & Development Coordinator in the subject line to email@example.com.
Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed in Melbourne. Applicants must be based in Melbourne and expected to commence the role immediately. If you have any initial queries about the position or the Festival, please contact Aleta Moriarty (HRAFF CEO) on 03 9629 9944.