Marketing and Communications Manager is part of the Ondru team and is required to lead the development, implementation and maintenance of effective marketing, communications and audience development strategies in a local, national and international context.
Ondru n. one, equality; v. become one with. Ondru means the place where people and ideas come together and where diversity unites.
Ondru is an independent non-profit organisation committed to provoking thought and evoking change through art. Ondru was founded with an intention to make people feel and think, as a voice to express many of our human conditions in a unique manner through art and literature, and with the desire to inspire positive social change.
Refer to www.ondru.org / www.voicelessjourneys.org for more information.
The position is responsible for:
- Developing, implementing and assessing a clear and effective marketing and communications strategy informed by Ondru’s strategic goals
- Crafting high-standard copy and collateral for Ondru’s annual calendar of events in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Ensuring Ondru’s web presence is current and implementing ways to position Ondru as a vibrant creative and socially engaged initiative in the region
- Overseeing the development of concepts and design for all artistic programs in conjunction with the CEO and Senior Management team
- Identifying potential partnership opportunities to ensure growth and sustainability
- Representing Ondru at key events throughout the year
- Developing and managing audience feedback opportunities
- Mentoring the team to deliver effective marketing campaigns
You will be working closely with all the volunteers at Ondru and leading a team comprising of Social Media Coordinator, Graphic Designer and Events Manager.
The key selection criteria for the role entails:
- Demonstrated experience in developing effective marketing and communications strategies and campaigns for audience development
- Demonstrated leadership abilities with a passion for operational excellence and a love for nurturing talent
- Demonstrated experience in writing copy and media releases and excellent editing skills
- Ability to demonstrate all-round PR skills – communication, research and writing
- Demonstrated experience generating and controlling high-levels of media exposure through mainstream, targeted, online and social channels
- Previous experience representing an organisation and the ability to articulate strategies to a broad range of stakeholders
- Attention to detail
- Proven track record working in a flexible and fast-paced environment
- Computer literacy skills
- Commitment to Ondru policies and values
To be successful in this position it is preferred that you have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in arts, journalism or marketing and communications and/or relevant experience
- Knowledge of Adobe design suites
- Experience in Project Management methodology
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exemplary organisational skills with a discipline to meet deadlines
It is integral that you are committed to the following values of Ondru:
- Building togetherness
- Being a pioneer – not copying or following others; striving for the extraordinary
- Valuing courage, passion, compassion, trust, knowledge, humour and style
- Encouraging collaboration and nurturing individual ability
- Never compromising on integrity
To apply please email your application (both a cover letter and CV - no need to address Key Selection Criteria in the initial application) to email@example.com using the subject line: Marketing and Communications Manager Application.
If you would like to chat further about this position, please contact Vineela Nalluri on 0413572211 or Nithya Nagarajan on 0450761954.
Applications close on Friday, 14 July 2017, 5pm.