GRAPHIC & DIGITAL DESIGNER
The Human Rights Arts & Film Festival (HRAFF) is looking for an experienced, passionate, hard-working and friendly individual to join HRAFF 2018 as a Graphic Designer and a Digital Designer. We would also be open to Graphic Designers with experience in digital design.
HRAFF is a not-for-profit incorporated association committed to making human rights accessible, relevant and significant to all Australians. The Festival aims to advance and encourage discussion and debate among the broader community, to showcase and support Australian and international artists, to promote works that are important and relevant to our community and bring audiences closer to relevant organisations operating in the human rights space.
HRAFF presents a vibrant, multifaceted festival, including film, visual art, music and forums that combine a diverse array of creative responses to contemporary human rights issues. HRAFF will be held 3 - 17 May 2018 in Melbourne and will tour nationally in the subsequent weeks, more information can be found here: http://hraff.org.au/
The expected time commitment for the role is two to three days (10 –12 hours) per week from February until early June 2018, with the busiest period being February –April 2018. Hours and days are very flexible.
- Assist in the ad hoc design, production and layout of key collateral, including flyers, social media/website images and other printed material that will form part of our overall marketing campaign for the 2018 Festival
- Liaising with the Marketing Director on the brief and editions as required
- For Digital Designers, they need to be proficient in producing flash and gif creatives for website ads and e-news
- Self-motivation and ability to take responsibility
- The ability to work under pressure
- A background in graphic design
- Knowledge of InDesign and related Adobe suites
- Digital Designers need to be proficient in creating MRECs and Leaderboards in GIF, MOV and SWF formats
- Excellent multi-tasking and organisational skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- An interest in Human Rights and global issues
To apply, please submit a cover letter outlining your skills and experience along with your CV by COB Friday 26th January 2018 marked Graphic and Digital Designer in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed in Melbourne. Applicants must be based in Melbourne and expected to commence the role immediately. If you have any initial queries about the position or the Festival, please contact Aleta Moriarty (HRAFF CEO) on 03 9629 9944.