TITLE Festival Publication Manager
POSITION TYPE Voluntary, 1-2 days a week
APPLICATIONS CLOSE Monday 26th January 2018 COB
The Human Rights Arts & Film Festival (HRAFF) is looking for an experienced, passionate, hard-working and friendly individual to join HRAFF as Festival Publication Manager in the lead up to the 2018 festival. This position plays a vital role in the delivery of the 2018 Festival program publications.
HRAFF is a not-for-profit incorporated association committed to making human rights accessible, relevant and significant to all Australians. The Festival aims to advance and encourage discussion and debate among the broader community, to showcase and support Australian and international artists, to promote works that are important and relevant to our community and bring audiences closer to relevant organisations operating in the human rights space.
The expected time commitment for the role is two days (16 hours) per week from February to early June. January is a slightly quieter time with tasks picking up in the lead up to the Festival. Hours and arrangements are flexible.
- Editorial content creation and coordination for the HRAFF 2018 festival program booklet
- Writing and editing blurbs and bios.
- Acquiring images and other materials.
- Laying out content in In-Design.
- Liaising with designers.
- Identify new content to be included in the booklet
- Working closely with the Marketing and Programs director to the development of the Festival program booklet
- Act as the sole contact for the publication delivery
- Any other duties as required.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in editorial content and design
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong attention to detail
- Publication skills and familiarity of programs used in the industry an advantage
- Demonstrated capacity to be highly organised, work independently and under pressure in a multi-task environment.
- Self-motivation and ability to take responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and use initiative.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- An interest in human rights, arts and global issues.
This is a volunteer role, however a highly rewarding one, with real responsibilities. The successful applicant will gain invaluable practical experience and establish industry connections.
To apply, please submit your CV and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience. Please submit your application by Monday 26 January 2018 marked Festival Publication Manager in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed in Melbourne the following week.
HRAFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin or disability. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. This document is available in other formats upon request to the email above.