TITLE Digital Communications Coordinator
POSITION TYPE Voluntary, 2 days/16 hours per week
APPLICATIONS CLOSE Friday 26 January 2018 COB
The Human Rights Arts & Film Festival (HRAFF) is looking for an experienced, passionate, hard-working and friendly individual to join HRAFF as Digital Communications Coordinator in the lead up to the 2018 festival. This position plays a vital role in the delivery of the 2018 Festival online marketing campaign and digital voice.
HRAFF is a not-for-profit incorporated association committed to making human rights accessible, relevant and significant to all Australians. The Festival aims to advance and encourage discussion and debate among the broader community, to showcase and support Australian and international artists, to promote works that are important and relevant to our community and bring audiences closer to relevant organisations operating in the human rights space.
HRAFF presents a vibrant, multifaceted festival, including film, visual art, music and forums that combine a diverse array of creative responses to contemporary human rights issues. HRAFF will be held 3 - 17 May 2018 in Melbourne and will tour nationally in the subsequent weeks, more information can be found here: http://hraff.org.au/
The expected time commitment for the role is two days (16 hours) per week from January to early June. January is a slightly quieter time with tasks picking up in the lead up to the Festival. There is also a requirement that you maintain timely social media correspondence as it occurs outside of the specified working days as well. Hours and arrangements are flexible.
The Digital Communications Coordinatorwill be responsible for the following:
- Produce and manage HRAFF website content.
- Working closely with the graphic designer, coordinate the upload of all festival program content to new site designed for the 2018 festival.
- In consultation with the Marketing & Development Manager, manage all social media for HRAFF. This will include creating the social media strategy, managing timelines and producing content for social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram Linkedin and Google +. Delivery of this strategy will be in collaboration with the marketing team.
- Recruiting and coordinating videographers and photographers during thefestival.
- Coordinate HRAFF e-newsletter: create template, manage timeline and produce content.
- Any other duties as required.
- Demonstrated experience of working in an administration environment, preferably experience
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in online marketing and social media strategy and delivery.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong attention to detail
- Video production skills an advantage
- Experience using content management systems such as WordPress, Hootsuite, Tweet Deck and Mailchimp
- Demonstrated capacity to be highly organised, work independently and under pressure in a multi-task environment.
- Self-motivation and ability to take responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and use initiative.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- An interest in human rights, arts and global issues.
To apply, please submit a cover letter outlining your skills and experience along with your CV by COB Friday 26th January 2018 marked Digital Communications Coordinator in the subject line to email@example.com.
Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed in Melbourne. Applicants must be based in Melbourne and expected to commence the role immediately. If you have any initial queries about the position or the Festival, please contact Aleta Moriarty (HRAFF CEO) on 03 9629 9944.