TITLE Ticketing and Operations Coordinator
POSITION TYPE 1 day a week (in office)
APPLICATIONS CLOSE Friday 26 January 2018 COB
The Human Rights Arts & Film Festival (HRAFF) is looking for an exceptionally organised and friendly volunteer to join the 2018 festival team as Operations Coordinator. This person will be responsible for the coordination of a smooth and efficient ticketing and event operation for the national festival and annual Gala event.
HRAFF is a not-for-profit incorporated association committed to making human rights accessible, relevant and significant to all Australians. The Festival aims to advance and encourage discussion and debate among the broader community, to showcase and support Australian and international artists, to promote works that are important and relevant to our community and bring audiences closer to relevant organisations operating in the human rights space.
HRAFF presents a vibrant, multifaceted festival, including film, visual art, music and forums that combine a diverse array of creative responses to contemporary human rights issues. HRAFF will be held 3 - 17 May 2018 in Melbourne and will tour nationally in the subsequent weeks, more information can be found here: http://hraff.org.au/
The expected time commitment for the role is 1 day in the office per week from January to early June. During the period of the Festival (3-17 May) increased availability will be required.
The Ticketing and Operations Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Setting up, activating and monitoring ticketing processes for all festival related events
- Provide daily ticketing sales reports
- HRAFF iPhone app content maintenance
- Working with the marketing team to collect relevant and thorough audience data
- Assisting with website maintenance
- Organise and distribute complimentary tickets to sponsors, networks and stakeholders
- Trouble shooting any ticketing problems
- Liaise with Melbourne and interstate venues regarding front-of-house and ticketing processes
- Implementing hold tickets, rush tickets and any other discount or ticketing offers.
- Assisting front-of-house operation during festival
- Assist with coordination of media and special events including Program Launch and Opening Night
- Assist with ensuring accessibility of the festival to people with a disability and people from socially, culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Provide operation and administrative support to the Operations Manager, Marketing and Partnership Director, and Programming Director
- Any other duties as required.
- Demonstrated experience of working in an administration environment, preferably experience in event coordination and ticketing.
- Demonstrated capacity to be highly organised, work independently and under pressure in a multi-task environment.
- Self-motivation and ability to take responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and use initiative.
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to coordinate other staff members.
- An interest in Human Rights and global issues
- Demonstrated experience in events.
- Experience using back-of-house web management or ticketing systems.
To apply, please submit a cover letter outlining your skills and experience along with your CV by COB Friday 26th January 2018 marked Ticketing and Operations Coordinator in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed in Melbourne. Applicants must be based in Melbourne and expected to commence the role immediately. If you have any initial queries about the position or the Festival, please contact Aleta Moriarty (HRAFF CEO) on 03 9629 9944.