Do you want to live and work in Queensland bringing to life the artistic vision of creatives? Opera Queensland, one of Australia’s major performing arts companies is seeking a new Head of Technical Production to join its management team.
The Head of Technical Production works with creative teams to achieve their artistic vision and production values to the highest standard of excellence from inception, to stage, tour and post-production, providing accurate and timely information to the Senior Leadership Team.
With a focus on strategic leadership, professional courtesy, collaboration, timeliness, innovation, and respect for the creative process, the Head of Technical Production ensures Opera Queensland’s productions are delivered safely and effectively while guaranteeing the most effective utilisation of people and resources within agreed budgets and schedules.
1. Manage the financial, personnel and material resources of productions and events of Opera Queensland
2. Support the integration of organisational values and develop the capacity of the organisation
3. Manage and maintain Opera Queensland’s technical equipment and other physical resources including IT equipment and technical support, and all rehearsal and related spaces under the remit of Opera Queensland
4. Act as the Workplace Health and Safety Officer for Opera Queensland
· Excellent record in technical management with a producing venue or organisation
· Extensive knowledge of stagecraft, theatre production and scenic construction, rigging, automation, lighting, video, sound and projection
· Excellent understanding of the work and operations in production workshops, costume departments, stage management, transport, logistics and storage
· Experience of touring productions either domestically or internationally
· Ability to develop, implement and manage production and technical processes and budgets within budget and resource constraints
· A good eye for detail and quality control to ensure that all elements of a production are produced to the highest standards
· Ability to work independently, manage multiple, competing priorities successfully, meet deadlines, and exercise good judgement and initiative
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent negotiation skills with a creative approach to problem solving
· A natural collaborator who enjoys working as part of a team
· Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Workplace Health and Safety legislation, Live Performance Award and Certified Performers Agreement.
· Strong computer skills with the ability to use Microsoft Office Suite, cloud storage and AutoCAD.
· Evidence of desired qualifications/licences if held including: Safe Work at Heights, EWP, First Aid and drivers licence
· Excellent leadership skills with a proven ability to lead teams and manage people
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively and build good relations with artistic teams
· Ability and commitment to foster a culture of continuous improvement and a strong team ethic
Reports to Executive Director
Direct Reports Head of Wardrobe | Production Administrator | Contract staff & crew as required
Starting Dependent on availability.
Address the selection criteria (Technical, Management & Leadership) as detailed in the full position description.
Include a cover letter and resume Include the names and contact details of two referees
Deadline Midday Monday 26 March 2018. Earlier applications encouraged.
Forward to Attention: Sandra Willis - c/o firstname.lastname@example.org
For further enquiries contact
(07) 3735 3030
For the full position description please click here.