Job Title: Video Editor Intern
Reports to: Creative Director
Summary Description: You will work closely with the Creative Director, Arts Administrator and Word Travels team to produce and edit a range of creative video projects from live events throughout our annual program.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who’s passionate about writing and performance with an interest in film and editing. This role is ideal for an emerging filmmaker or editor looking to build their professional skills and networks across writing, theatre, government, arts festivals and site specific projects.
Your videos will reach a large audience via our Australian Poetry Slam YouTube channel, Facebook and other distribution outlets. You should be able to create timely transitions and aptly edited sound and colour if needed.
The Video Editing Internship role is voluntary/unpaid and requires 12-16 hours per week. Ideally 2-3 part-time days during Word Travels hours 10-6pm, Tues – Friday. The internship will run for 6 months (other time frames may be considered for the right candidate). Candidates should provide CV, cover letter + links to samples of their work in their application.
University associated internships will be given preference.
- Edit footage of live events from Key Programs, upload to YouTube and Facebook
- Ensure branding and titles meet with internal marketing guidelines
- Develop strategies for the release of certain footage
- Draft video descriptions and tags + monitor audience activity on YouTube and Facebook
- Update website content and maintain online social media video content
- Possible on-site filming opportunities alongside Word Travels team
- Multilingual Poetry Slam
- The Rumble: Young Performing Writers Program
- Australian Poetry Slam: International Performing Writers’ Program
- Story-Fest: 3 days of spoken word events
- Experience using video editing software (Final Cut Pro, Premier and/or i-Movie)
- High level organisational skills
- High level computer literacy preferably on a Mac OS
- Experience using YouTube
- Demonstrated capacity to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal + teamwork skills
- Experience in camera operation is an advantage