Job Title: Graphic Design Intern
Reports to: Creative Director
Summary Description: You will provide graphic design support for the Word Travels team. This role is perfect for someone wanting to learn more about how to create material for campaigns and events. Wanting someone who can create a sharp-lined aesthetic while maintaining a casual and inclusive vibe as per Word Travels brand.
This role will further develop your graphic design skills within a professional work environment. It will also build your networks across writing, theatre, government, arts festivals and site specific projects.
The Graphic Design Internship role is voluntary/unpaid and requires 12-16 hours per week. Ideally 2-3 part-time days during Word Travels hours 10-6pm, Tues – Friday. The internship will run for 6 months (other time frames may be considered for the right candidate). Candidates should provide CV, cover letter + links to samples of their work in their application.
University associated internships will be given preference.
- Photography management: prepare electronics image files for digital and print use
- Graphic Design: design promotional materials including ads, flyers, brochures, posters, e-marketing materials and postcards
- Contribute to branding and campaigns for our key programs
- Create content for company presentations and reports
- Multilingual Poetry Slam
- The Rumble: Young Performing Writers Program
- Australian Poetry Slam: International Performing Writers’ Program
- Story-Fest: 3 days of spoken word events
- Previous experience using graphic design and website software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and After-Effects)
- An interest in writing and/or performance
- High level organisational + communication skills
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Office, Database development, etc
- Demonstrated capacity to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills