REELise Inc is a youth mental health charity that empowers young people to address the impacts of cyberbullying and the complexities of growing up in a digital age.
Our signature program, the REELise Film Festival turns an instrument of bullying, the mobile phone - into a positive change making tool, providing an opportunity for young people to craft authentic content about the real life impacts of their online world. Since 2014, over 80 pocket films have been created by youth 10-18 years and showcased online and in VMAX at Event Cinemas.
As an adjunct to our annual Festival, we provide educational and youth leadership programs.
At the heart of our operations is the REELise Youth Council - a group of secondary school and university students who, alongside the board, drive the direction of REELise.
To help us achieve our mission, connect with more young people and expand our programs nationally, we are looking for a passionate Social Media Ninja to join our Youth Council as part of the Executive Committee.
If successful, you will lead the development of a social media strategy, and work alongside fellow Youth Council members and the Board to realise its effective implementation. We anticipate a big focus of the strategy will be on content creation by youth for youth and are open to a wide range of channels.
Key tasks of the role will include:
- assessment of new social media channel opportunities;
- weekly channel posting and management;
- development of unique brand-led content;
- development of promotional and advertising campaigns around key program activations;
- ongoing monitoring of channel insights.
The role is estimated to require an average of 3 to 4 hours per week, with a larger dedication leading up to key events such as the annual Film Festival. While the role is as a volunteer (like everyone in REELise) in return you will receive:
- a high level of creative control and licence to experiment.
- ongoing support and mentorship from the Board and the broader REELise community.
- An opportunity to develop your leadership skills and work as part of a dynamic youth team.
- A chance to create a positive impact in the lives of young Australians.
Applicants should email the following information:
- Contact Information: Name, Phone Number, Postal Address and Email Address
- Curriculum Vitae (3 pages max)
- Brief Statement (500 words max) addressing the following:
- Drive - What are your motivations for wanting to take a leading role in REELise's next phase?
- Why you? - What skills/experience do you feel you would bring to the role?
- Support - What support do you feel you would need from REELise to realise your potential?