Job Title: Social Media and Online Marketing Intern
Reports to: Creative Director
Summary Description: You will work with the Word Travels team to produce a range of creative strategies and posts across social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram. You will also learn about: direct email campaigns, website management, event marketing and more.
This role will further develop your social media and online marketing skills while exposing you to a professional work environment. It will also build your networks across writing, theatre, government, arts festivals and site specific projects.
The Social Media and Online Marketing Internship role is voluntary/unpaid and requires 12-16 hours per week. Ideally 2-3 part-time days during Word Travels hours 10-6pm, Tues – Friday. The internship will run for 6 months (other time frames may be considered for the right candidate). Candidates should provide CV, cover letter + links to samples of their work if applicable in their application.
University associated internships will be given preference.
- Draft event descriptions for Key Programs and events
- Drafting press releases and solicit traditional media
- Basic editing + updates across two Squarespace websites
- Answering messages from the public
- Live social media at events where possible
- Social media coverage and interaction for Key Programs
- Social media management and scheduling via Hootsuite
- Develop existing online presence and strategy
- Multilingual Poetry Slam
- The Rumble: Young Performing Writers Program
- Australian Poetry Slam: International Performing Writers’ Program
- Story-Fest: 3 days of spoken word events
- Demonstrated experience in social media and online marketing
- An interest in writing and/or performance
- Consistent/original writing voice + great spelling and grammar
- High level organisational + communication skills
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Office, Database development, etc (Mac preferred).
- Demonstrated capacity to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills