Vivid Sydney is a 23 day annual festival of light, music and ideas, featuring the world’s most important creative industry forums, a mesmerising free public exhibition of outdoor lighting sculptures, a cutting edge contemporary music program and the spectacular lighting of the Sydney’s iconic CBD buildings (the ‘Event’).
Vivid Sydney is where art, technology and commerce intersect. It provides a summit, forum and playground for the creative industries to collaborate, experiment, conduct business, and showcase their creativity.
Visitors from Sydney, interstate and across the world are invited to interact and immerse themselves in an array of lighting experiences, live performances and inspiring ideas.
The Vivid Sydney Event Operations Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Director, Event Development – Arts, Lifestyle & Entertainment, Vivid Sydney Project Director, and the Vivid Sydney Operations Manager, to successfully support the planning, organisation, and coordination of effective Event operations for precincts that are produced and operated directly by Destination NSW, and ensure seamless integration of any applicable third-party produced or operated precincts throughout the Sydney CBD and across all relevant program streams of Vivid Sydney.
Specifically, the Vivid Sydney Event Operations Coordinator will:
- Collaborate with the Vivid Sydney team to develop a full understanding of the creative and operational requirements for the Event.
- With the Vivid Sydney Project Director and/or Operations Manager, coordinate, adapt or update as required, Vivid Sydney’s Event operational policies, procedures, plans and other documents including, but not be limited to:
- Event operations plans, schedules, databases and rosters;
- Event command, control, coordination and communications (C4) protocol;
- Site operational procedures and management structures;
- Technical, operational and other requisite Event CAD drawings and plans;
- Event team roles, responsibilities, and accreditation requirements;
- Marine Management Plans;
- Vendor and busking operations;
- Accreditation; and
- Risk and safety plans.
- Contribute to Contract Management through efficient coordination of the requirements of a team of contractors in the delivery of:
- Targeted risk assessment and management;
- Emergency management;
- First-response incident management including;
i. Medical and First Aid; and
ii. Water Rescue.
- Traffic, transport & pedestrian management;
- Security and crowd management;
- Site operations and infrastructure;
- Site plans and technical drawings;
- Event radio communications; and
- Event signage, branding and printed collateral.
- In consultation with the Vivid Sydney Project Director and/or Operations Manager, prepare for and attend all required NSW Government agency, working group, or operational planning meetings for the purposes of minute taking, and tracking issues, actions and resolutions.
- In consultation with the Vivid Sydney Project Director and/or Operations Manager coordinate, prepare and update all relevant and necessary landowner consent documentation, development applications, compliance approvals, licences and permits.
- Attend onsite inspections and meetings with the Vivid Sydney Operations Manager for the purposes of minute-taking, and tracking any issues, actions and resolutions.
- Contribute to the effective operational management of program activity and accuracy of communications and notifications to stakeholders regarding the Event. Stakeholders include but are not limited to:
- Vivid Sydney artists, Event and venue owners;
- Vivid Sydney production and content suppliers and contractors;
- Commercial partners;
- Third-party produced, owned and operated events;
- Residents and business impacted by Event operations; and
- Non-event community.
- During the Event this work also includes:
- Supporting the Vivid Sydney Operations Manager in delivering all operational aspects of the Event;
- Attendance on site at the Event precinct or Event command and control facilities as required throughout the Event;
- Working as directed to update event specific production and operational schedules, including the master event schedule, external Event schedule and master delivery schedule;
- Working as directed to update the relevant daily call-sheets and schedules throughout the Vivid Sydney period;
- Contributing to daily operations reports during the Event; and
- Attending onsite inspections and meetings with contractors, suppliers and relevant stakeholders for the purposes of minute taking, and tracking issues, actions and resolutions.
- Provide Event operations support to the Vivid Sydney media/program launch, media preview and opening night events as directed.
- Other administrative duties of the Event Operations Coordinator include:
- Working with the Vivid Sydney Operations Manager to contribute to Event documentation such as project plans, strategy documents, ministerial briefing notes, internal briefing notes, presentations, Event investment submissions and critical path/timeline documents as necessary and directed;
- Keep safe and in commercial in confidence, all IP, budget and contract information pertaining to the Event;
- Maintain all Event specific documentation and critical documents using appropriate document templates and document register system; and
- Any other general administrative work that would be required to deliver on the above services/duties/outcomes and/or as directed by Destination NSW.
During pre-production the work hours will be standard business hours.
During Vivid Sydney (including bump in and bump out), the Event Operations Coordinator will be expected to provide general assistance to the team on-site. Hours per day may vary or extend beyond normal office hours and the workload will involve manual handling, and working outdoors.
Position reports to: Vivid Sydney Operations Manager and Vivid Sydney Project Director
Roles reporting to this position: None
Vivid Sydney is strategically positioned to increase interstate and international visitation to Sydney during what is traditionally the quieter winter months. In 2018, Vivid Sydney will take place from 25 May – 16 June.
Candidates must review and download the full Request for Quote (RFQ) here: https://www.destinationnsw.com.au/contact-us/jobs and provide an itemised quotation and documentation per the requirements as outlined in Annexure A.