Australian Design Centre is a not-for-profit organisation that creates opportunities for people to engage with design and creativity through dynamic and high-quality exhibitions, public programs, digital publishing, retail and educational activities.
The highly regarded graphic design volunteer work experience at the Australian Design Centre is a fantastic opportunity for a committed & passionate volunteer to join one of Australia’s leading design organisations. It is suitable for those seeking work experience within the design, visual culture and exhibition sectors. Due to the nature of projects carried out by the volunteer, it is suited to students at a 3rd or 4th year level in their studies or recent graduates.
Volunteer Work Experience Description
- Develop creative design solutions for exhibition graphics; design and implementation of communications collateral; print design; and/or interactive design (depending on applicant)
- Develop designs and prepare files for print
Artwork / Production
- Produce work to specifications for production; liaison with suppliers under supervision
- Develop computer skills, typography skills and 3-dimensional signage skills
General Design Assistance
- Provide general assistance to other team members
- Efficiently manage time to meet project deadlines, as determined by project manager/s
- Maintain electronic filing of work
- Attend staff meeting on a weekly basis
- Mac savy
- Adobe CC as a minimum - Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Basic MS Office knowledge
- Daily travel stipend paid
Applicants will need to be available for a minimum three-month commitment to the organisation, subject to a satisfactory three-week review.
The position is a voluntary position for 2-3 days per week. Daily hours are 9am – 5pm.
We are currently looking for candidates interested in being part of the program between Late May– August 2017.
Applicants need to submit a CV and PDF portfolio (maximum 5MB) or link to their portfolio and indicate in their application the preferred dates of their internship placement.
Applications close Wednesday 24 May.
Please call ADC on (02) 9361 4555 if you have any queries.
Please forward applications to: hello [a] [[...]]
Subject: Graphic Design Intern