Jerico Contemporary is seeking an intern to join our gallery.
Jerico Contemporary operates both as an art consultancy service and gallery showcasing contemporary art from both emerging and established artists. We are looking for a motivated intern to assist one or two days a week, at our new gallery premises in Woolloomooloo.
- Completed or currently undertaking a degree in art history, curatorship, arts administration, museum studies or related discipline.
- Exceptional organisational skills, with meticulous attention to detail and process.
- Established interest and knowledge of Australian and International Contemporary Art.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
Desirable Selection Criteria:
- Photoshop/InDesign skills
- Observe and assist in the varied curatorial aspects associated with exhibition development, including installation and de-installation.
- Conduct research, source information and reference material about artists and the art market.
- Administrative tasks.
The successful candidate will develop an understanding of exhibition development and curatorial processes within a commercial gallery.
How to Apply:
Please email you application to email@example.com by 5pm Wednesday 29 November 2017.
A Cover Letter, addressing ‘Why you are interested in the internship and what you wish to gain from the experience’.