Ikon Institute of Australia
About the Course
Arts Psychotherapy is a multi-faceted treatment approach and as such the overall treatment aims are specifically created in response to the individual client needs at any given time.
Arts Psychotherapy uses creative modalities, including visual arts, drama, and dance/ movement within a therapeutic relationship to improve and inform physical, mental and emotional well-being.
The Bachelor of Arts Psychotherapy is designed to provide graduates with a broad and coherent body of knowledge relating to the field of psychotherapy, with specific emphasis on the underlying principles and concepts of Arts Psychotherapy.
Areas of study include the ability to engage, support and assist clients through the use of both verbal and non-verbal therapeutic techniques;
- to establish and facilitate positive psychological changes
- to increase their ability to regulate emotions and develop distress tolerance
- to improve interpersonal effectiveness, develop insight, self-efficacy, assertiveness and social skills
- to increase self-expression and pro-social communication with those who may struggle to access primarily cognitive or verbal based therapies
- to improve and maintain their health and well being
How To Apply
Contact IKON for an information and application back or apply online via ikoninstitute.edu.au
Group Projects, Presentations, Written Assignments, Written and Practical Exam
IKON have an extensive RPL Process are happy to recognise existing qualifications and experience
A career as an Art Therapist can be truly rewarding, with the knowledge and skills to be applied across a wide range of job roles across many industries.
480 hour work-placement across the entirety of the qualification ensuring students have a
- Art Therapist
- Arts Psychotherapist
- Arts Counsellor
- Mental Health Worker
- Student Wellbeing Officer
- Child Mental Health Worker
- Aged Care Support Worker
- Youth Practitioner
- Community W