About the Course
The Master of Teaching (Secondary Education) will be chosen by those who wish to teach in Secondary schools in Years 7 - 12.
Students in this degree will specialise in either one or two Secondary school curriculum areas, depending on their previous study, and will be qualified to teach in those subject areas of the Secondary curriculum. Curriculum areas offered in the Master of Teaching (Secondary Education) are: English, The Arts, Mathematics, Science and Humanities and Social Sciences (HASS).
Students will develop advanced critical skills, knowledge and understanding concerning best practice in education and in meeting the needs of 21st century learners.
Most subjects in this degree will be offered fully online, in order to provide more flexible access. Students will have four opportunities to engage in professional practice in schools, culminating in a final professional placement of 5 continuous weeks.
How To Apply
- Theories of Development and Learning
- Teaching in the Secondary School
- Literacy and Numeracy across the Curriculum
- Secondary Professional Experience 1 2 3 and 4
- Managing the Learning Environment
- Pedagogies for Diversity
- Schooling and Australian Society
- Research-Based Inquiry to Enhance Practice
- Creative Technologies
- Curriculum and Instruction Lower Secondary: The Arts
- and more
- Secondary School Teacher
- Education Administrator
- Policy Development Officer