About the Course
The Master of Teaching (Primary Education) will be chosen by those who wish to teach in Years 1 - 6 in Primary Schools, and will provide a foundation for teaching across the primary curriculum.
Students entering this degree will hold a degree in a discipline that contains content relevant to the Australian Curriculum in the primary years. Students will complete professional experience placements in a range of schools and across a range of year levels and will benefit from the School of Educations’ specialisation in STEM subjects.
Students will develop advanced critical skills, knowledge and understanding concerning best practice in education and in meeting the needs of 21st century learners.
Most subjects in this degree will be offered fully online, in order to provide more flexible access. Students will have four opportunities to engage in professional practice in schools, culminating in a final professional placement of 5 continuous weeks.
How To Apply
This degree is designed for people seeking to attain an Initial Teacher Education qualification in order to register as a teacher in Australia and any other countries that recognise this degree.
- Teaching Humanities and Social Sciences in the Primary Years
- Developing Positive Learning Environments
- Teaching Language and Literacy in the Primary Years
- Theories of Development and Learning
- Teaching Arts in the Primary Years
- Teaching Science in the Primary Years
- Pedagogies for Diversity
- Primary Professional Experience 1 2 3 and 4
- and more
- Primary School Teacher
- Education Administrator
- Policy Development Officer
- and more