About the Course
The Master of Teaching (Early Childhood Education) will be chosen by those who wish to teach in schools in K - 2, or who are seeking educator roles in Early Childhood Education and Care settings.
This major encompasses children from birth - 8 years of age, and subjects studied will include management and leadership of Early Childhood Education and Care centres, as well as school curriculum and general pedagogical approaches. Professional experience placements will be completed by all students in this major across the full age range of birth-8 years.
Students will develop advanced critical skills, knowledge and understanding concerning best practice in education and in meeting the needs of 21st century learners.
Most subjects in this degree will be offered fully online, in order to provide more flexible access. Students will have four opportunities to engage in professional practice in schools, culminating in a final professional placement of 5 continuous weeks.
How To Apply
This degree is designed for people seeking to attain an Initial Teacher Education qualification in order to register as a teacher in Australia and any other countries that recognises this degree.
- Early Literacies and Play-Based Pedagogies
- Theories of Development and Learning
- Early Childhood Professional Experience 1 2 3 and 4
- Developing Positive Learning Environments
- Numeracy for 5 to 8 Year-Olds
- Health Safety and Physical Education in Early Childhood
- Language Literacy and Communications in Early Childhood
- Numeracy for Birth to 4 Year-Olds
- and more
- K - 2 Primary School Teacher
- Educator in Early Childhood Education and Care settings
- Education Administrator or Policy Development Officer
- and more