AFTRS-Australian Film Television and Radio School (AH Account)
About the Course
Unsure what you need to do to get video assets on time and within budget? If you don’t know the difference between a gaffer and a dolly then this course is for you! In this one day intensive we'll cover the three stages of producing a short video: pre-production, production and post-production.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This one-day, fast-paced course covers:
- The different genres of video - and how they vary in terms of production costs and timing
- How to brief, scheduling and budget a simple short video
- The roles, responsibilities and costs of a crew
- What type of equipment to use/hire for each type of shoot
- Understanding the requirement for graphics, animation, overlay and voiceover
- The importance of audio and how to use voice-over
- Casting basics - and working with non-actors
- When to DIY and when to bring in the experts
- Legals - Insurances to location fees, copyright to OH&S
- Post production - how long should it take and what should it cost
- The language and terminology of producing video
This course will equip you to get the most from your budget and your time. You'll understand the costs for different types of short video production and how to manage your time, your team and your resources effectively. By the end of the course you will have the knowledge, language and confidence to communicate with everyone working on your video.
WHO SHOULD DO THIS COURSE
Anyone who is commissioning, using or creating video for corporate communications or as part of their marketing mix. Especially good if you are thinking of expanding your existing creative output in the world of video.
LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE
Absolute beginner with little or no experience in the technical aspects video production. If you want to understand what is involved in the end-to-end process of producing a short-form marketing, corporate or government video then this is the course for you!
ABOUT THE LECTURER: HELEN CAMPBELL
This course is taught by Helen Campbell who is a writer, director and video content producer. With a teaching degree and over twenty years in the media industry, Helen has developed a reputation for telling stories with a human face. Helen teaches corporate and government clients at AFTRS how to find the stories at the heart of organisation and tell them in a variety of formats. Helen’s recent clients include National Geographic Channel, The Athlete’s Foot, Procter & Gamble, Ronald McDonald House, Foxtel, Channel 7, South West Sydney Local Health District, Broadcast Australia and SBS.
Have any questions? Please get in touch: email@example.com or 1300 065 281
THIS COURSE CAN ALSO BE DELIVERED AS A TAILORED WORKSHOP FOR YOUR COMPANY. FOR MORE INFORMATION EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org