AFTRS-Australian Film Television and Radio School
About the Course
If you want your social video content to reach a larger audience and see your likes, comments and shares increase, then this is the course for you. It covers best practice for social video, explains why you should be using analytics to track your success and covers how to amplify your content.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Social video is video content that is consumed and shared digitally through social networks be that Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat etc. In this course you’ll dive into the world where social media and digital video intersect and understand how that can bring you video success. You will develop a solid understanding of what is required to produce effective organic social video, from strategy and creative, to distribution and analysis. You’ll learn best practice across all primary social video platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat) and understand how to build influence for your brand.
Content will include:
- Fundamentals of Social Video - best practice for different platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat)
- Measuring success - how to set objectives and KPIs to define and measure success for social video campaigns
- Audience Insights - how to use analytics to define your target audience and identify best ways how to effectively connect with them online
- Programming - create a content schedule and capture key tentpole moments
- Amplification - how to amplify and optimise your content to reach the largest possible audience through paid, earned and owned media opportunities
- Digital Rights & Asset Management: Understanding copyright and managing your rights online
- Community Management: How to moderate and manage communities and deal with trolls
This course is classroom based and focuses on strategy - it does NOT include any practical video making skills.
WHY DO THIS COURSE
Why Social Video? There are three things you need to know.
1. By 2019 90% of all internet traffic will be video
2. On mobile alone, YouTube reaches more 18 to 49yearolds than any broadcast or cable TV network
3. Ignore video platforms that resonate so well with this key audience, and you will miss the opportunity for connection with that audience.
LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE
This course is suitable for all. It is entry level, but presumes a basic understanding of social media.
Be prepared for a little homework in the evenings.
Have any questions? Please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 065 281