AFTRS-Australian Film Television and Radio School (AH Account)
About the Course
This course is a comprehensive introduction to the roles and responsibilities of the Production Manager in TV drama and feature film production. It covers the basic skills of budgeting, and day-to-day management of a production.
Who should attend?
- Production department personnel upgrading their skills
- Emerging producers wanting to understand budgets and production
- Crew in other departments, such as assistant directors and continuity, who require a more detailed knowledge of budgeting and production management
- Factual TV personnel who intend to move to script-based production management.
What will the course teach me?
- The role and responsibilities of a production manager
- How to break down a script and do a basic schedule
- How to prepare a basic drama budget
- How to manage production office systems
- How to contract crew and cast
- How to read and interpret a cost report
- How the production office works with heads of departments, the Producer, Director and the completion guarantor.
About the tutor:
Lorelle Adamson is a highly experienced Production Manager/Line Producer who has been active in the Australian film and TV industry for two decades. Her recent credits include Australian feature film The Water Diviner, Goddess, Accidents Happen andClubland, as well as numerous TVCs. Lorelle also works for Screen NSW and Screen Australia assessing budgets and QAPE applications.